Welcome to TutuBuy- a platform owned and operated by Tutuban Properties, Inc. (referred to as “Company”). In compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, here's how we protect your personal data and respect your privacy:
Our role in your privacy
When you use the Company’s shopping website, www.tutubancenter.com, you acknowledge that you are notified of the terms and conditions set forth herein and accept its application and effectivity to you and the data you will provide. Please read and understand it before providing us with your personal data.
As a subsidiary of Ayala Land, Inc., the Company processes information pursuant to the Ayala Land Group (“Group”) Privacy Statement. To know more about how we process your personal data within the Group, please visit https://www.ayalaland.com.ph/privacy-policy/.
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time as we add new features and purposes of data processing or as laws change that may affect our TutuBuy’s services. When we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the date it was last revised.
- Read and understand this Privacy Notice
- Ensure that any information that you provide us is complete, accurate and up-to-date
- When you use the tutubancenter.com website, please also read the Terms & Conditions between us: they may contain further details on how we collect and process your data.
- If you provide us with personal data about other people, or if others give us your information, we will use that information only for the specific purpose for which it was provided to us. By submitting the information, you warrant and confirm that you have the right to authorize us to process it on your behalf in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
When and how we collect data
From the first moment you use our website, we are collecting data. Here’s when and how we do this:
- You shop or purchase products on line using our Order Form or PaBili Service Form
- You opt-in to receive marketing communications when you subscribe to our newsletter
- You inquire about our products and services
- You contact us for customer support or provide feedback
Types of data we collect
- Your first and last name, mobile number, email address, delivery address, postal code and city, region and country when you purchase or order products on line
- Your email address when you subscribe to our newsletter
How and why we use your data
Under the Data Privacy Act, we can only use your personal data for certain specified purposes and where we have a legal basis to do so. Here are the purposes for which we process your data:
Provide you with Services
- Processing your orders when you shop online and provide third-party serviceproviders (i.e., courier service) to fulfill purchases, deliveries, or return/refund of an order
- Enforcing compliance with our Terms and Conditions
- Monitoring our Services to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, according to applicable laws.
Improve Your Experience with TutuBuy
- Understanding your user experience and personalize your content based on your interests
Provide Customer Support
- Notifying you of any changes to our service
- Answering your queries/feedback as well as resolving issues via email or mobile
- Communicating with you regarding your online purchase, return/refund of an order or updates on the fulfilment of your purchase
Marketing Communications (with Your Consent)
- Sending you newsletters, emails and notifications about new products and services being offered, and your online transaction/s
- Inviting you to participate in surveys, promotions and other marketing initiatives
Your privacy rights
You can exercise your rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you make a request, note that such a request is subject to certain conditions. We may also charge you for any of these services.
You have the right to access information we hold about you
This includes the right to ask us supplementary information about:
- What personal data our Company has about you
- How these are collected, processed and disposed
- Any data breach incident that affects your personal data
- Your other rights regarding our use of your data
We will provide you with the information within thirty days of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (e.g., another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights), and subject to appropriate evidence of your identity.
You have the right to make us correct any inaccurate personal data about you
We endeavor to process accurate and up-to-date personal data of our users. You have the right to notify us of any inaccurate and outdated personal data reflected on your account, and we shall take actions to update them accordingly.
You can object to us using your data
We may use your data to determine whether we should let you know information that might be relevant to you. If you have objections on a particular purpose for which we are processing your personal data, you may email us and we shall stop the processing of your personal data for the purpose you have objected to. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
You have the right to port your data
You may request a copy of your data and we shall give you a copy of the same in a mutually acceptable format. Please note that this is subject to limitations as we may not do so to the extent that it may disclose data about any other individual.
You have the right for your data to be erased
You can do this by asking us to suspend, withdraw, remove or destroy your personal data, if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data for purposes of your use of TutuBuy.
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data
If you have any concerns on how we process your data, please notify us of the same and we shall do our best to address your concerns. If we fail in this, you can address any complaint to the National Privacy Commission.
You have the right to damages
You may be entitled to damages arising from inaccurate, incomplete, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data by the Company.
How secure is the data we collect?
We do our best to ensure that your personal data is protected and your privacy is preserved.
We use physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. These practices include:
- Use of secured servers behind advanced threat protection appliances, firewalls, encryption and other security tools.
- Use of standard encryption tools such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to help protect personal data and to keep information collected secure.
- Website/Application security testing conducted by a third party prior to it being launched and when major changes have been applied.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who are qualified and authorized to process them. All such persons, wherever they are located, are required to protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data in a manner consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
And please remember:
- You provide personal data at your own risk. Unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- If you believe your privacy has been breached as a direct result of your use of our website, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
How long do we store your data?
We have a retention policy that keeps track of the retention schedules of the personal data you provide us depending on uses and purposes for which said data was collected.
Generally, we keep your information for the duration of your use of our Services’ use, and, to the extent permitted, after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out in this Notice.
When we no longer need to use your information, your personal data will be disposed or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public. Specifically, all personal data in electronic form will be deleted from our databases, following the retention period stated above.
Third parties who process your data
In order to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, we may share or disclose your personal data to the following parties:
- Authorized third-party service providers including administration service processors, technology partners, online marketplace merchants, courier and logistics services, and payment processors;
- Merchants or other companies for which disclosure of your personal data is necessary to complete your transactions and for the fulfilment of the parties of its underlying obligations
- Our holding company AyalaLand Logistics Holdings Corp. (ALLHC) and any or all its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors;
- Such other party whom you authorize us to disclose your personal data
- To the extent that we are required to do so by applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceeding;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal data where such court or authority would be reasonably and likely to order the disclosure of such personal data
Any company with which we share information about you for the above purposes is or will be contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect any individual's right to privacy, inform and require our consent for any further processing of your personal data by their own third-party services providers, and comply with the Data Privacy Act. We also require that these organizations use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions concerning this information.
Privacy Policies of Third-party Websites and Digital Platforms
How can you block cookies?
How to Contact Us
Thank you for reaching the end of our Privacy Notice! Should you have any suggestions or questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights regarding data you share with us, please contact:
Tutuban Properties, Inc.